Several Universities have reported seeing fraudulent emails requesting changes to Direct Deposit authorizations.  A scanned check with the users name, address, and a routing number, along with a hand written form requesting the change have been attached to the email.

The text of the email says:

---

Good day,

I will like to effect a change to my direct deposit allocation for the coming payroll cycle. I have already completed the direct deposit authorization form and I am attaching it in this email together with a copy of my blank check. I hope that will be all that is needed, you can get back to me if I will need to provide additional information.

Thank you.

---

Jeremy Childress

Operations Manager

Office of Cybersecurity & Identity|ITS|

Otto Olsen 114, 68849-2140

University of Nebraska|nebraska.edu

Lincoln|Omaha|Kearney

308.865.8862 (o)

Cheryl O’Dell, CISSP, GCFE

Security Awareness & Incident Response Manager

Office of Cybersecurity & Identity|ITS|

501 127H, 68588-0203

University of Nebraska |nebraska.edu

Kearney|Lincoln|Omaha