Print

Hi, Evelyn.

I happen to be looking through the letters on the archive today and just came  across one that expresses at least the idea you were after.  It’s to Ferris Greenlet, October 31, 1933 (archive #1130).

Cather says, “I feel more strongly than ever that I want to keep out of cheap editions. I certainly would use every means within my power to keep Antonia and Shadows on the Rock from going into a cheap edition.”

I thought I would send this along in case it helps in some way.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Jenson, MA
Adjunct Instructor