Hello!

Please join us and invite others!
(If you cant join today, mark your calendars now for Oct 8th!

Here I am last-minute reminding folks again!
Feel free to send the zoom info and this description and invite others to join!

Same zoom info each month — please invite others to join! (Cather enthusiasts, artists, teachers, historians, academics, Plains Studies, etc)

Meeting ID: 957 8514 6661

Password: 774347

Rebecca Wolff is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Cather Racial Equality Group Meeting

Time: Sept 10, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time(US and Canada)

    Every month on the Second Thu, until Dec 10, 2020, 4 occurrence(s)

    Sep 10, 2020 03:00 PM

    Oct 8, 2020 03:00 PM

    Nov 12, 2020 03:00 PM

    Dec 10, 2020 03:00 PM

Inviting all Cather Scholars and Enthusiasts to join a reoccurring conversation on Cather and Race.

Our monthly discussions seek ways of speaking to American racism in context with Cather's writings and the times that she lived in. We strive to find modern relevance for Cather in the current political climate and with audiences of all races.

Does Cather's writing uphold white American narratives? Does her work ignore the painful realities of white American’s treatment of indigenous and black people? Are we as Cather supporters through nostalgia holding up a similar ignoring of past and present truths? Can viewing Cather’s work through the lens of her identity as a white woman keep her work relevant at this pivotal moment in American history?

Come share your opinions and your favorite moments in Cather literature that relate to this topic. Meetings occur in the afternoon on the 2nd Thursday of each month. To join the Zoom conversation, contact Sarah Bush at sara[log in to unmask]

Sarah Bush
www.sarahbushdance.org/Cather