I echo everyone in thanking you, Andy, for sending this article. Willa Cather has a way of sneaking into our psyches. I love his story, and also miss those coffee shops for getting work done!-Barb
Barbara Tetenbaum/Triangular Press7907 N. Wabash Ave.
Portland, OR 97217

    On Thursday, February 25, 2021, 09:41:47 AM PST, Olin-Ammentorp, Julie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Non-NU EmailWhat a great article - thanks for sending it! And now I have a new movie I need to watch - a delight!Take care everyone-Julie
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:37 AM Richard Millington <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Non-NU EmailThanks, Andy--so great to be alerted to this testimony to the way Cather's works keep generating new acts of creativity.
Best to all, Rick

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:38 AM Steven Shively <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Non-NU Email
I found the story inspiring, and it reinforces so much of why we support the humanities. When we teach or talk to book clubs or spread the word among friends or support libraries and museums, we can inspire talented people. I read the story yesterday from a link on the Cather Foundation Facebook page—like 5 Bank Street, a good source for all things Cather. Wishing good stories and good storytelling to all.

Steve

From: 5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars <[log in to unmask]>On Behalf Of Joshua Dolezal
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 9:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] Re: [5BANKSTREET] Cather's Influence

Non-NU Email

My own relationship withMy Ántonia has evolved over the years, but it was the book that knocked me off of my pre-law track as an undergraduate. I wonder if that influence, for those of us deeply affected by the book, comes from explicit invitations to personal stories (like Jim Burden’s to the narrator) or from a more subliminal effect, such as we get from Jim’s visit to the Widow Steavens? Perhaps unknowable.

Thanks for sharing, Andy.

Josh